Last Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage Orders

2 posters

Go down

Mage Orders Empty Mage Orders

Post by Minty Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

So I don't know much about how mage orders are currently being planned, but I do like the idea of sanctioned mages. I've been thinking about how I'd like to see the system play out. My suggestion would be to compile all the different orders into an overarching "Sanctioned Mages" group that is headquartered at a single location. I think Ideally this would be a tower or large hall with each order having its own section and also common areas for all of them. So why do I think this would be good?

1. Concentration of players. One worry I always have is people being spread too thin around the server. A setup like this would provide a central hub for mages to play around and provide plenty of opportunities for them to interact as well as an area people who need mages will know to look for one.

2. Anti-isolation. This kind of setup provides incentive for the different magic orders to interact with each other rather than cloistering in their own different parts of the city. It also provides a place for mages of different orders to regularly meet and interact. It becomes much easier for two mages of different orders to become friends for example.

3. Inter-order activity. With an overarching organization it can perhaps be run by a council that is represented by all orders, necessitating working together even as they work to stab each other in the back to improve their own position.

This is just an idea I had that I'd like to see. Some examples of this system might be the Mage Towers in Dragon Age or The White Tower from the Wheel of Time Series.
Minty
Loremaster

Posts 4
Thanks 0

Back to top Go down

Mage Orders Empty Re: Mage Orders

Post by murdrkitten Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:37 am

We could put the tower in South Cantorburg. That way it's fairly centralized. I don't see it being in Gentry Gardens.

Any ideas on a name for the tower/organization?
murdrkitten
murdrkitten
Founder

Posts 50
Thanks 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 am

I'm horrible with names. I'm the last person you want to ask that.

Anywhere in the city is fine probably. I imagine it'd likely dominate any area its in though.
Minty
Loremaster

Posts 4
Thanks 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum